Monday 26 November 2012

Class 6

This week we had a new model, which meant drawing a new body type. This week was a thin young male and although we have a young female model often, there are some obvious and some less obvious changes to the body structure.

I would also like to point out that all the sketches from this weeks lesson was whilst standing up as we shared a class with the rest of the second years, resulting in no where to sit, so I used an easel to draw with.  

Below is some of my 30 second - 2 minute sketches 


We then moved onto some longer poses, the below are ranging from 10 - 20 minutes



I had also bought some chalks with me and wanted to try them out, so with the last two poses I gave them a go. I was hoping to get more shading in that I did in the end, though I am still happy with the final result as its a different way of drawing and I think the end results are still okay. 


Alongside using the chalk, for this last sketch I chose to do a study of a certain area, as the model lay down and because of where I was stood, I wasn't able to get a look at the whole pose clearly. I did his upper body, focusing on the face mostly as I thought I hadnt paid much attention to the face in previous drawings.

I thought it turned out alright and if I had some extra time I would have liked to carry on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment