Sunday 21 October 2012

Class 3 and Task 3

 This week as ever we began the life drawing class with some quick 30 second sketches and slowly increasing in time to get us warmed up for the rest of the lesson. Below is the sketches I did this week starting from the top page with all 30 second drawings and the bottom page having 1 - 2 minute drawings.



After these quick poses we started to begin the longer poses where we start measuring the model to get more accurate drawings, though this week we as well tried out shading using charcoal to colour the page and then with a rubber taking away parts of the charcoal to start getting the shape of the pose. This backwards way of thinking about the drawing was a good experiment and I was happy with the outcome of my drawings using this method as I hadn't done this before. Below are the drawings from this weeks class, both normal sketches and using charcoal. 





Finally is the task that was given to us this week which was to do 3 studies of the human torso. I did my first of these 3 sketches in photoshop, and although I was able to get the outline of the body down, shading was a problem for me so for this sketch I left this out and instead focused on just getting in muscle information. For the other two though I went back to pencil and paper and was able to get shading into the pose to show how the muscles looked in the pose.






No comments:

Post a Comment